Shooters Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
6,655 Posts
Marshall Stanton
I still have my original set of numbered black plastic Lee dippers that I bought in the '60's. My yellow dipper set is well complimented by the Lee Loading manual. The starting loads being listed in CC's makes choosing a load easy.

Most of our practice shooting should be at less than maximum and dippers simplify the loading process.
I split my loading into three sessions. I size the first day, bell and prime the second, dip powder and seat bullets the third. This is a great way to break in a new loading partner.

My wife claims that that few people can dip powder as uniformly as she does. She use a method similar to that described by Dean Grennel in the 5th ed. of the The ABC's of Reloading. She use a half butter tube full of powder and starts the dipper in backwards, then comes forward and rakes off the excess with a card.

I like to think I am reasonably smart but... Why didnt I think of useing my case trimmer to adjust the size of my homemade dippers? If I learn nothing else from this forum that is one good tip!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.