Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comment on the Tech Notes article:

Reloading On The Cheap...

A special thank you to MikeG for putting together this Tech Note for a simple, yet innovative handloading tool.... like a certain well-known precision reloading tool maker markets for big-bucks! A great idea, and well presented Mike! Well done, and many thanks.

God Bless,

·
Registered
2 Posts
A very informative article. However I do believe there is a mistake in the figures for the 257 Roberts. The neck is listed as .290 and the top of the soulder is listed as .429. 1/2 between the two figures would be .359 = 23/64. this could confuse someone reading the article.
bglenn

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,122 Posts
The reference to the .257 Roberts at the end of the article is for making a bullet-seating gage on the same design - hence the .250" hole, which would touch the bullet at about the same diameter at the tops of the lands.

Could be clearer, though. Thanks for pointing that out.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,122 Posts
Yes. If you look at some of the bullet comparator tools (Sinclair comes to mind) I think that is exactly what they do. Drill a different sized hole through each face.

But I like to make separate gages and then just leave them in the box with the dies. Purely for convenience.... don't have to try to remember where I last left it ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts