Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen:

Have any of you had experience with specialized handgun shooting glasses.

Specifically:

Prescription lenses with a bifocal segment set for the distance to the front sight and located in the top center portion of the shooting eye lense with the remainder set for your normal distance prescription. The non-shooting eye lense would be a single focus set for your normal prescription distance.

Secondly any experience with the entire shooting eye lense set for the distance to the front sight and the non-shooting eye lense set for your normal distance prescription.

These are primarily for IPSC/IDPA/Cowboy action shooting.

Your response is appreciated.

·
Banned
5 Posts
I use Decot Hy-Wyds. I have a large bifocal in the upper inside of my shooting eye. The rest of the lens is a plano since I don't have a distance correction. My other lens is also a plano. I just dip my head a little and focus the sights through the bifocal. Targets get very blurry at distances but I just aim for the center of the blur. I also have the adjustable bridge so I can set the height of the bifocal. When I shoot with my .22 through an UltraDot, I just raise the bridge and look straight through the plano lens.
The correction in the bifocal is less than my normal reading correction by .25 diopter. This is what it takes for me to focus at arms length rather than book or computer reading length.

They aren't cheap but they also have interchangable lenses so if you can have different colors.

You may want to take a look or give them a call.....they are very helpful.

http://www.sportglasses.com/home.html

·
Registered
71 Posts
Shooters EyeBalls

What works for me is to get shooting glasses which are 0.5 diopter LESS than your reading presciption. If your reading glasses are 2.0, use 1.5 for shooting. Works for me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts