Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
416 Posts
I have two Carcanos that I shoot without rearranging any of my body parts. Can't hit anything with either one, but they haven't let go on me. I'd have another 'smith look at it. If he comes to the same conclusion, then make it a wall-hanger.
DC

· Registered
416 Posts
Lee's manual has data for it. I know that another of my manuals has some too, but I can't remember which one. (Not at home, post from a public terminal). I just use a cast bullet at modest velocity. Actually, I can hit something with them - that bullet must go somewhere.:p

I'll check and see what I got for load data, but I won't be back around until next week sometime.

DC

· Registered
416 Posts
Norma brass, WLR primer. 27.0 grains of BL-C(2) behind a 150 grain cast bullet, gas checked, Lyman mold #266673. COL 2.920. A very mild load. Hodgdon claims a 30.0 grain max with a 150 grain jacketed bullet, but with the Carcano I never try to hot-rod it.

I'm loading another with an IMR powder, but my notes don't indicate where I came up with this one so maybe it's better left unsaid.

DC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.