Shooters Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Have no use for the 6.5 CM as the 6.5 Swede does everything needed in this category, albeit in a standard receiver. However, all the ups and downs on pressures and brass issues leaves me feeling sorta sorry for the poor old cartridge.
I am at a loss how your comment has anything to do with this discussion. I don't have a 6.5 Swede.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,853 Posts
Mainer - evidently you haven't read all the posts. The thread is about 6.5 CM and the Savage chambering. The 6.5 CM and Swede 6.5 mm have close ballistic readings. If you don't own a Swede, get one and try it out.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Is the OP talking about factory ammo being to hot? If it is reloads, that's the handloader's fault. maybe you can match factory and maybe you can't but the rifle you have to work with is not the same one anyone else worked with. Read about this pressure stuff all the time and am amazed what some people actually attempt to do!

·
Premium Member
14,315 Posts
Look at the brass showing the ejector mark under a microscope with oblique light to show surface texture. What I think you're seeing is the 'ironing' of tumbled brass. Shoot that brass again with a different orientation and the mark won't be there and the first one gone.
I don't see any high pressure in those primers.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts