Shooters Forum banner

141 - 141 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
The old protruding primer

The old protruding primer is the first indication the reloader has a problem with the length of the case from the shoulder to the case head and the length of the chamber from the shoulder to the bolt face. I do not have this problem because I off set the length of the chamber with the length of the case from the shoulder of the case to the case head.

I am one of the very few that does not have case head space. And then there is that part/event reloaders do not understand when the trigger is pulled. They do not know if the stretches and or flows and they can not explain the forming process.

It is not likely my primers will protrude because! If I have a protruding primer the primer will reset when the case head moves/slams into the bolt face because I do no reduced loads. For my case head to slam into the bolt face it has to be 'away' from the bolt face when fired. If my case head moves back to reset the primer the case stretched between the case head and case body, Why? It is because my case body locks onto the chamber when fired.

F. Guffey

141 - 141 of 141 Posts