Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when it comes to guns im dumb as a rock. not much sense for a semi red neck like me lol but i don't know jack. my grandfather left me a .38 special .357 magnum lever action. holds 4 or 5 in mag. fairly good shape. it has a puma emblazoned on the side of it. i've been going through sites online and yet i can't find one single one that has an emblem that shows like this one. its copper or bronze or something anyways and sticks out a good ways. been trying to determine a price for it and from the rifles i've seen looks like i'll get maybe 400 for it. was wondering if anyone had any ideas bout this blasted thing.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,668 Posts
Rossi, I think. Copy of a Winchester 1892 if I am not mistaken. They have been around a while, don't recall seeing a new one for some time.

Search on Rossi on the gun auction sites. Bet one will come up.

400ish sounds about right, but I'm not a collector or expert on them. Good luck.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You've got an older model Rossi. It's worth less than $400 because of two things:

1st - it's a pre 2000 manufacture and that's before Rossi got their current CNC machines. Many of the older versions were pretty rough compared to those produced after 2000.

2nd - you can buy a NIB Rossi from Bud's Guns right now for $396 Delivered.

BTW, they also have 24" oct bbl rifle versions for $424 Delivered and they also have examples in stainless steel as well as 44mag and 45LC calibers too.

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
when it comes to guns im dumb as a rock. not much sense for a semi red neck like me lol but i don't know jack. my grandfather left me a .38 special .357 magnum lever action. holds 4 or 5 in mag. fairly good shape. it has a puma emblazoned on the side of it. i've been going through sites online and yet i can't find one single one that has an emblem that shows like this one. its copper or bronze or something anyways and sticks out a good ways. been trying to determine a price for it and from the rifles i've seen looks like i'll get maybe 400 for it. was wondering if anyone had any ideas bout this blasted thing.
Welcome to ShootersForum.

The other guys have about covered the questions you asked, but I have one of my own. Why are you in such a hurry to sell the "blasted thing" that your grandfather left you, when he passed on? These are tough economic times we live in and we're not talking about a family heirloom, because the gun isn't particularly rare or valuable. Nonetheless, I have to say I think it would be a big mistake to sell off something your granddad saw fit to leave to you in his will, unless money is really tight and you need to feed your family.

Selling a gun is like saying something stupid in the heat of the moment...you almost always regret it and there's little you can do to get it back. Just my 2 cents worth. :cool:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Rossi, I think. Copy of a Winchester 1892 if I am not mistaken. They have been around a while, don't recall seeing a new one for some time.

Search on Rossi on the gun auction sites. Bet one will come up.

400ish sounds about right, but I'm not a collector or expert on them. Good luck.
They're still in production. The latest version seems to be a 20" bbl "Short Rifle" Good lookin piece too. I've set my sights on one to add to the other two rifle versions I have now (one blued, one stainless)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes they have answere it right

i must say thanks to the answers and as for the reason im selling it is im about to lose my tool box. ive paid 3500 into it and still have 2 to go and not willing to lose it without a fight. trying to sell it for 3500 so its not a complete loss but eh thats not going to happen. i made the mistake of going to college and since i graduated ive fallen farther and farther behind on the few bills i have. i don't want to sell the gun but if i have to then so be it. just like enlisting in the military its my last resort. believe me its the last thing i want to do lol..thanks again everyone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts