Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a Bill Goodman Gun and Knife show this weekend. Question is woild i be wasting my time to think im going to buy small pistol primers there? or should i save my 8 bucks and put it towards my hazmat?
thanks

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
There were SP primers at our gun show here last weekend, for the bargain basement price of ONLY $60 a 1000!

·
Premium Member
7,587 Posts
These days, you won't know until you go and find out for yourself in your particular area. Some places, there is 22 lr ammo to be had, while in other areas, all gone. Primers have always been more volatile. Prepare to pay in these panic times.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Whe just had a big gun show this past weekend and I'm lower than I care to be on .224 bullets but I did not waste my time or $8 going to it. The dealers that haven't jack their prices through the roof are out, those that have any are treating them like gold (that's why they still have some but I guess as peopel get despirate they are paying their price). So, I'm sure if I went, wasted my time and money, they either would not have any quality varmint or target bullets or they would have a price that I would tell them where they could stick them. There is another big show in two weeks at the state fair ground buildings and I won't be going to that one either.

I'm low enough that I'm not shooting my 223 much for target practice but I'm not so low that I'm going to line some AH's pocket with three to four times their normal price. There are a couple I've already told I would never walk back in the door when things do get back to somewhat normal. I have over 1,000 50 - 55 grain bullets but only a few hundred 65 - 69 grain. Other than about 800 of those junk Armscor 62gr FMJ, that might hit something at 100 yards (which are strickly for the AR's anyway).

·
Registered
11,939 Posts
Yeah at our last gun show many of the usual vendors were either out or jacked the prices. Cheapest I seen was $45 per 1000. Probably not out of line during the current situation but I didn't buy.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I got my shipping notification and tracking number from Grafs today where I ordered 3,000 large pistol primers and 2 pounds of Blue Dot a couple of weeks ago. Total cost was only $153.00 with the Hazardous material fee. That was actually cheaper than I could have bought them locally before the country went crazy.

Might want to check with them, they may still have some of what you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks for the info guys

the **** with getting up at 5 just to wait in the parking lot and then waiting in line to get in and wasting 8 bucks just to get ripped at a gunshow. those guys make me sick. One minute there your buddy the next they they take advantage of the fake situation created by them and some gov. We are all Americans ! Share the Ammo! I have no problem paying an honest price **** i would even pay a little more but son of a gun you can buy all the reloading stuff you want but cant find the componets. My heads ready to explode.

i do have good news though. I finally mentioned Small Pistol Primers to a guy at work and just like that he hooked me up with a gunshop 60 mile north that has Magnum spp and Magnum Match spp. so i am heading there tomorrow after work and picking up a couple K.

I wont buy them out ! (unless they only have a grand) because i know how it sucks not to find them. and if this dont work then im packing all my reloading stuff up and wait 3-6more months and try to accumulate componets.

Thanks for answering and listening to my rants.

EDIT: welcome JohnRock. The part I edited out was not pertinent to the discussion. And, when you are getting ****'s in your posts, you are violating board policy using prohibited language.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,464 Posts
When will people learn? Buy your primers at least two democratic administrations ahead..... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
When will people learn? Buy your primers at least two democratic administrations ahead..... :rolleyes:
I said something similar to guys trying to buy powder,primers, bullets,and guns at local stores. I say to them "did you forget there was an election last November? You should have been buy your AR and other stuff last March, not this January." They just look at me like I'm the crazy one.

·
Banned
1,667 Posts
I read the papers and watch Fox News, SO I put by an adequate stock before these LEAN Times came to pass....

Country Matters.

Webley

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
But, I didn't even buy the AR's until December! :(

However, I'm in good shape on everything but .224 bullets. Because of the AR's I used up a lot of my good 65 - 70 grain bullets messing with those things, so now, while I have enough to last for several years to hunt with but I won't be doing any more target practice with them. I'm back to shooting the 6mm and 6.5mm's for targets since I have several thousand target bullets for those.

·
Registered
886 Posts
The guy I buy from is cool. As of Christmas I bought... 300 22rds A cobra 380 ,Ruger 44mag,4lbs H-380, 3000 CCI primers, 250rds nosler bullets and I just ordered a CZ 455 22 rifle. I dont go to gun shows any more. Q

1 - 13 of 13 Posts