Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marshall and or Alex,

I tried printing the new material from the FAQ page (always a reference junkie) and ran into a problem. The right hand portion of the text is cut off on the printed page. Is there anyway to fix this or another way to print similar to the option that allows printing from the forum responses? I'd really like to keep this information without copying it by hand(I'm a two fingered typer at best).

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
MT

We know the problems you are having...and there are no easy answers.  

This website has grown far beyond what we had ever envisioned it being, and is becoming very time consuming and labor intensive to continually update!

Alex is in the process of putting this whole thing into a PHP format, such that it is easy and quick for me to update without pestering him, and to add features much like those found on the new Forum... with printable versions of virtually everything, the ability to email sections of the website to someone much like you can from the forum, and will make accessing our archived Tips, Tech Notes and Trail Talk much faster, smoother and efficient.

However, this all takes time to get set up, and all the existing files converted, so please be patient... it's coming, but Rome wasn't built in a day!

Sorry for the inconvenience now, but we're working to make it more user friendly.

God Bless,

Marshall

PS

Alex just told me that he will work on it, putting the FAQ into a printable HTML format that will be accessed from the FAQ page, follow the links that will appear.... hopefully tonight, but if not by noon tomorrow.  Best we can do for now!

Alex will post here when it is up and ready to use!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marshall,

I wonder sometimes what I've done to deserve you. You guys slow down, we don't want any burn out now. I couldn't imagine a better place on the web to call home. You should be proud of what you've built.

Have a great weekend

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Hang on gentlemen,

We are almost there!  Your printable version should be up by afternoon's end (Pacific time).

We are working on it (at least Alex is!)

Thanks, and God Bless,

Marshall

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Sorry Gents,

We don't have the printable FAQ up yet, but there is a silver lining here.  Rather than just do a printable version of the FAQ, Alex charged into another remake of our website, and the whole thing will be done in PHP format, which means I'll be able to keep it fresh with less effort, and things will be new, more often.

Also, along with this upgrade, the FAQ, TIPS, TRAIL TALK, TECH NOTES, and FIELD PERFORMANCE will all be available in a printable format just like you get here on the forum when you want to print something!  Also, it will load faster and give you better access.

Hopefully we'll get it up by the weekend!

God Bless,

Marshall

1 - 5 of 5 Posts