Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On September Ninth 9/9, Unix had a time change rollover. This is because of a fix for Y2K. Now our forum posts are semi-ramdomly sorted. Feel free to post new posts, replies, etc. They are not lost, still here, just at odd intervals within that specific topic.

So it's just a sorting problem. Will hopefully have it solved within the next few hours.

Thank you for your patience,

Alex

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Sorry Gentlemen,

The board we use for our forum is IkonBoard.  The company that developed the software is experiencing problems with all of their applications of this software.  They did not anticipate the problems with the Unix time-rollover, and were blindsided by the glitches we are experiencing.  The company is frantically working on a patch and cure for their application software, and as soon as it is available, we will apply their fix to our forum.  In the iterim period, all your posts are not lost, just randomly displayed (sorry no immediate fix), but should be properly sorted and ordered once the IkonBoard software is updated to address the issue of the Unix time-rollover is applied to our forum.

Thanks to all, and sorry for the inconvenience!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Hi, Alex:
  I can't get to any other part of the forum using Netscape 4.7 either. It keeps reloading this URL:
<a href="http://beartoothbullets.com/java/date.js

Bye" target="_blank">http://beartoothbullets.com/java/date.js

Bye</a>
Jack

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
To Jack and to all!

We've had an extrodinarily difficult time with the website this week... perhaps fitting with the week we've just endured as a nation.

It seems that in the same Unix glitch that botched up the forum, that we also lost an entire folder on our web server.  That folder enabled Netscape to access our site.  It is now remedied, and the folder restored to the root of our directory.  There should be no more problems of any sort accessing our site using Netscape in any current version.

Too, it appears that the patch that Alex designed, (yes ahead of the developers of the software!) for our forum is working flawlessly.  The posts, as near as we can tell are once again ordered properly, and displaying in the proper sequence.

Thank you for your patience, one and all!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Hi, Marshall & Alex:
  Everything's back to normal, I think.  I tried Netscape 6.1, and for some reason, this posting box is much wider in 6.1 than it is in 4.7, and I have to scroll all the way right with a 800x600 screen to see all of it.

Bye
Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts