Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE EXPERIENCED 3 STOPPAGES OUT OF 50 RDS. RECENTLY IN BRAND NEW TAURUS PT957(.357SIG).
I FAILED TO EXTRACT EACH TIME CAUSING NEXT BULLET TO HANG UP AGAINST FIRED CASE STILL IN CHAMBER.
I DIDN'T SIZE CASES FROM STARLINE AFTER I RECEIVED THEM.  COULD THAT BE THE PROBLEM? BUT I MEASURED ALL DIMENSIONS BEFORE RELOADING AND EVERYTHING WAS WITHIN SPECS.  WHAT COULD BE WRONG?

·
Beartooth Regular
1,118 Posts
It is always a good idea to full-length size any new brass. There can be tiny kinks in the mouth that can cause misfeeds. Also with Starline brass, its thicker nature may cause some problems in a tight chamber.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have found some Starline brass has to be sized to be usable, .45 LC is one example. Otherwise I use almost exclusively Starline, and have very good luck with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bill and Will,
  now the problem is occuring with several different factory loads(Gold Dot, Winchester, Hornady XTP and Corbon)!  The extractor seems fine and functions when I hand operate the slide.
But I keep getting a fired round that stays in the chamber while another rd. jams against it from the magazine.
 any ideas besides the extractor?

Bob

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sounds as if the chamber needs a little polishing. James Gates outlined a way of handling that on this site. You could run a search on polishing chambers and get it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts