Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have stubby finger tips and after 3 or 4 rounds going into the gate opening the 5th round wants to eject back out unless I use the tip of my pinky to insert it deeper in. Seems the spring or gates forward prongs are pushing it back out. I did cut a few coils off the mag tube spring and I did thin down the loading gate spring but its still doing this.IS there something I missed? The first 3 or 4 rounds go in with the one before it holding the gate open by its rim so it makes loading the next round easy until that 5th one.That 5th one I have to insert my pinky tip as deep in as I can get it and sometimes it still wants to jump out

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I would advise the loading gate be removed, and a slight bevel filed/stoned onto the leading edge(s) of it's backside.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Holding your 1894 in your left hand and holding the round to go in with your finger push the next in with the bullet until you have it full. Take care and have fun.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Holding your 1894 in your left hand and holding the round to go in with your finger push the next in with the bullet until you have it full. Take care and have fun.
This post is right. Use the next bullet you are going to load to push in the last cartridge. Cutting your magazine spring will only cause trouble when you get to the last bullet in the magazine, the spring won't be pushing against it hard enough to move it back and onto the carrier. Most of my Marlins are fairly easy to load, a '73 is what gives me the most trouble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts