Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my SAECO lubri-sizer set up.  I can't seem to get the bullet to come back up out of the sizer die after I push it down in.  I have to pry up on the center bar with a fair amount of effort to get the bullet back out.  What could I be doing wrong here?
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
51 Posts
Do you have enough lube oozing through the holes in the sizing die? You want that die to be good and slick before you start swaging your hardcast bullets in there.

PS - you'll love that Saeco sizer!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mark- If you're dealing with a new lubrisizer, with a new, previously unused die, try smearing some bullet lube on the first few bullets you size, just to get things going. A cast bullet will stick in a new die. Hard bullet will stick even harder. After you run a few through like this, you won't ever have this problem again with that particular die. Those of us with Star sizers need to run a couple of previously lubed and sized bullets through every once in a while just to lubricate the throats of our sizer dies.--Bob

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally figured out the problem.  Compared my lubesizer to the picture in the Redding catalog and noted that the picture showed a bottom pushrod that mine was missing. (!)  I made one out of a length of 1/4" bolt and it now works like it's supposed to.  This would be the second piece it was missing; must have been a bad day at Redding QC!
Thanks you all
Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts