Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To all those who have submitted material for Tech Notes in the past, or would like to do so in the future -

Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page and send a brief note describing your tech note. I will follow up (by email) with instructions on how to package the information and pictures. Even if you've submitted something to Marshall in the past, if it never got posted, please consider resending.

Note that pictures must be under 200K (note this is twice the size limit for uploading pictures on the forum). The easiest way to reduce the file size of a picture, by the way, is to reduce the DPI (dots per inch). Many cameras can take pictures upwards of 600DPI and scanners can go over 1200, which is far too dense to put a very large picture up. Reducing the DPI to 100 or slightly less will allow a decent size picture that meets these requirements. If you don't have picture editing software, look for "Irfanview" in your favorite search engine. It's free and fairly easy to use.

Text can be plain or a Word doc.

Let me know if there are any questions -

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi MikeG
I really like this website and your in put.

On one of your tech note you talked about using a sling shot as a tool for hunting.
In Wyo. they have Lodge Pole pine trees and they are so thick it is difficult to get into or move through. Some old timers would use a powerful wrist rock sling shots and fire a projectile into the trees behind the game animals, ideally driving the animals out of the trees toward the shooter.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tossed a rock or two on the other side of a tree to get a squirrel to run around but never thought about a similar thing for chasing a deer or elk my way ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts