Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wolfe Publishing has the 5yh Edition of Propellant Profiles out.
Wolfe wants the full price of $39.95 plus $7.25 for shipping. Most discount book sellers will have it for a discount.
If you happen to be ordering from Midsouth Shooters Supply they have it for $29.54. I was ordering some of the Speer 170-grain Hot Core bullets so I beat the minimum order and the freight fees.

Just as with Phil Sharpe’s Complete Guide to Handloading, Propellant Profiles is an essential part of any handloaders library. The new handloader in particular will benefit from the brief but generally in-depth descriptions of the individual powders, their manufacture and use.
The older articles are particularly interesting as they generally include the relative quickness of the propellant, grain size of the propellant and often a reasonable history of why the propellant was developed and what its intended and alternate uses are.

The Complete Guide to Handloading and Propellant Profiles will give the novice handloader the history of smokeless powder from the beginning to the present.

This is not the type of book which is read from cover to cover in one setting, you will be reading new chapters 2 years from now. All of this for less than .07¢ a page.

·
Gone off to enjoy his twilight years
3,312 Posts
I reviewed it for Varmint Hunter Magazine but my article won't appear until the July issue. Let's just say that it is a required piece of reference material for any halfway serious reloader. And it is invaluable for anyone who stumbles across supplies of old long-discontinued powders.

·
Gone off to enjoy his twilight years
3,312 Posts
I have a spare copy of it that I just listed on a popular auction site for $26.95 and free shipping.

(If that's against board rules, just delete this post.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.