Shooters Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
2,428 Posts
Strange as it may seem....Marshall and I were talking about this same thing, at length, on the telephone last night!!!!
Boddington is one of the "good heads" still around! There are not many left that are not pushing the factories latest Whiz Bangs! Many meat shooters, myself inclunded, have pondered for years the factors in External Ballistics and bullet designs that have always been proven game killers. There are many theories, but nome completlely prove out.
The last time we approached this subject, I discussed a test we used in 1972. At that time we set up a chrono, then a gel test block, and then another chrono. We could measure the velocity lost in the gel block between the two clocks. Since velocity was lost its energy went somewhere. That's where the arguements started. I called it Energy Deposit, for the lack of another word. The Howling and Gnashing of teeth was unreal. So.....care must be taken when this can of worms is opened!
However, Dan, it's a good post and if you would like to discuss the results of those test, contact me. Best Regards, James

1 - 1 of 1 Posts