Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finaly got the front sight issue solved i recieved the correct front sight a few weeks ago. It took several months. I was rather impressed with this .44mag today. At the range there are several steel targets at 100 yards. There are a few sihouette mounted and a few in different geometrric shapes hanging from a rack. First round with no adjustment I aimed for the middle of the sihouette and it went ding. So I aimed at the upper 1/4 and shot over the target. I dropped the rear sight a little, and rung the target a few more times the shot at the 8x8 square i aimed for center and it wizzed right by the top. Lowered one more notch and started smacking the crud out of it. I did not shoot it on paper so I dont know where its actualy hitting but I think its hitting about 2 to 3 inches high. Soon as I get out to the range im gonna fine tune it. Before I changed out the sight and it was hitting like 4 foot high it was grouping realy well so. I cant wate to get it on paper on the next range visit.

I shot Magtec .44 special think 200g, Hornaday 225g Leverlution and 240g american eagle SJHP and they all worked well. The .44 special rung the crap out of the target at 50 yards on the pistol side but had mad drop at 100. Anyway eventho i was mad annoyed at the company they finaly made it right I guess.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I'm glad your issue got resolved - your persistance certainly paid off for you, AND made your rifle finally enjoyable.

Via con Dios.

·
Banned
57 Posts
I bought a new Marbles front sight for my .45LC from Midway. Actually bought the gold bead and a green fiber optic. JMB would have used fiber optic if it were available, right?

Put the gold bead on the gun and shot some this weekend. Took about 10 minutes to replace. The tang sight took about 20 minutes. The new folding rear leaf is back ordered. Guns are more fun when they hit stuff out a ways. I did have some paper and was hitting an 8.5 x 11" piece with regularity. My old eyes aren't going to get great groups with open sights at that range no matter what.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts