Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy gents, new forum member here. I just bought a Rossi/Brastech Puma in .357 mag. and had a chance to shoot it yesterday. What a sweet little rifle! Only problem encountered was the rear sight didn't have enough spring tension to hold the sliding elevation adj. tight. When I got it home I knocked it free of the dovetail and bent it enough to add the necessary tension. Then I noticed there are four drilled and tapped holes under the rear sight to apparently attach a scope or some other sight. Does anyone know if there is a particular mount made for this rifle?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
holes in barrel

Yep that looks like it might get the job done. Thanks for the pic and info. I also found the link won't load. Will try again another time. If I needed to mount a scope probably most any screw on mount could be adapted to fit. Is it true that the Puma is a direct copy of a Winchester so are all parts interchangeable?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I'm thinkin Rossi USA is toast. None of their website pages load anymore.
It worked this morning so I'm betting their server's just down.

Yep that looks like it might get the job done. Thanks for the pic and info. I also found the link won't load. Will try again another time. If I needed to mount a scope probably most any screw on mount could be adapted to fit. Is it true that the Puma is a direct copy of a Winchester so are all parts interchangeable?
It's a close, not exact copy of a Winchester 1892. There are some internal differences so you'd have to find out from Rossi.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Goofy little safety

Rozzi site is up and running tonight.

Does anyone have a suggestion about removing the pitiful little after thought safety? I would like to know how to remove it without breaking anything, I can always find something to plug the hole with.
Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Open the action by pulling down the lever , look at the side of the bolt for the small pin that looks like it retains the safety. Put a block of wood on the underside of the bolt and with an appropriately sized punch, tap out the pin, before you pull the punch out of the hole put the whole bolt/punch contraption in a bag. Next pull out the punch and lift out the safety, a small spring and detent ball will fly. Get on the phone and call STEVESGUNZ and ask him for one of his safety plugs. The pin does not hold any thing together other than the safety, so you are safe there. Save the pin you will need it to hold in the little replacement button. You will immediately feel better about life once that little lever disappears. You have a really fun rifle.

james

·
Registered
579 Posts
Makes no difference if you make one or buy one, that stupid bolt safety is best when it's sitting in your spare parts bin; not on your carbine!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Steve Young has a peep-sight that will fit into that safety hole!!

has Steve started selling those peep sights yet? I talked to him a couple years ago and he said he'd been working on it, but wasnt quite ready for production yet.

Last time I checked his website, it didnt show that peep sight for sale (yet...).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts