Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I suppose this isn't the "right forum" but it is the "right forum" at the same time. Maybe the wildcat section would be the right place.:rolleyes::D LOL

I saw a show on tv this morning about pumpkin chunkin'.:D Some amazing stuff those good 'ole boys have. Shooting 8-10 lbs pumpkins the better part of a mile sure sems like fun. At one point in the show they had a little "shoot off" and two guys/groups were blasting away at a camper. Them pumkins made mince meat out of that camper trailer. I sure am glad I wasn't in that camper.:eek:

But they had all kinds. Air guns (not your daisy red rider, but 12-13 ton monsters!!), catapults, weird centrifugal launchers, and etc. All good stuff. If you ever had an idea for launching stuff, there is a pumpkin launcher based off of it.

I'm sorry to say I didn't catch the channel, but it seems like a topic that most of us would enjoy.

Any of you guys ever get to see one of these contests?

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
Gotta be aware of your target AND what is beyond it with one of those.

Would be big fun with a proper back stop though. At the sea shore purhaps for maximum range?

Not over my chronograph.

Cheezywan

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,739 Posts
I'm going to see if we can convince the deer lease manager to let us set one up on the hilltop by the cabin. One of the guys can climb on the platform as an observer and we can shell the pigs as they sleep in the shade on the mesquite flat.

Wouldn't that wake up a sleeping porker !!!!

I bet we could drop one in the goat lake fro m there, no problem......

:D :D :D

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
I opened this thread expecting to see another post about the 45-70. :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Science Channel will have a "chunkin'" special on Thanksgiving Day, hosted by the Mythbuster guys.

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
I wonder if Marshall would make some cast punkins for the show? I'm thinking a 16" WFNHCGC with like, 20 lube grooves and an 8lb canister to set it off...

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,739 Posts
Sounds like the guy in Alaska with the bowling ball cannon. I'd not want to be downrange......

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
Actually, with that load, downrange might be the safest place in the world. :D

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bowling ball cannon. WOW! Now that's what I'm talking about...I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that's illegal here in New York! LOL. That's a definite refinement of the elephant gun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Only in America do we invent machines to throw our Food!

Has anyone invented one that will throw a Pumpkin into the air
so I can shoot it with my Shotgun?

How hard is it to get a consealed weapons permit for one?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Only in America do we invent machines to throw our Food!

Has anyone invented one that will throw a Pumpkin into the air
so I can shoot it with my Shotgun?

How hard is it to get a consealed weapons permit for one?
Sparky, if you can lug that thang, ain't nobody gonna argue with ya about concealing it!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts