Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what appears to be a reloading press, likely made in the 1950's or 1960's. Cast into the side it says "Blake Mfg., Glendale, CA". It looks like it might have been used for larger caliber rounds. I've Googled this and found a Blake Mfg. near Glendale, so I called and they said it's not the right one.

I also have a similarly old Herter's reloading press, likely used for shotgun shells.

I know very little about reloading, but thought someone here might be able to help. I can post pictures next time - I'm in the middle of cleaning these up now.

I'm asking for help, if anyone knows, on what all the parts needed look like, and - mostly - what these are worth. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I have never seen a Herter press without a number on the housing. Blake information can be found in magazines of the time. There are not many Herter presses I do not have, I do not have much interest in shotgun presses, the shotgun press I have that is most unusual was made by C&H when they were in California.

Parts? The Herter 333 will be the shotgun press with the most difficulty factor when finding parts.

F. Guffey

1 - 5 of 5 Posts