Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just purchased my first 30mm tube scope, its a SWFA Super Sniper 16x42. I am going to mount the scope on a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .308. I know that the rings and mounts a shooter uses are key. I do hand load some hot rounds and this happens to be my first .308. Regardless, I would like some suggestions on some excellent scope mounts and rings to use on this rifle. I dont want the thing to be sticking a mile high off the rifle, so I would prefer a low profile set up. I have mounted plenty of scopes on rifles, but never the tactical setup I am going for now...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chuck

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've got burris tactical rings and bases on my tac 308. Very good quality and very strong. Both can be had for around $70.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
opinions will vary on this but since it is a 308, i don't care how hot you load it, it aint gonna ever be more of a thumper than a std 30-06 and never a match to a 300 WM so don't worry about haveing to go heavy heavy duty, any of the good decent ring mount set ups should serve you well. with that in mind i would give thought to leupold style bases with the rear windage adjustments and Burris Signature rings with the plastic inserts. even with the extra internal adjusments of your 30 mm main tube it would be nice to be able to get that scope on target at 100 yrds without using any internal adjustments. then for long range shooting you will have plenty of room left within the scopes adjustments and without haveing to go to the near end of it's limits and maintain the optic performence your scope has to offer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts