Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Bisley Blackhawk in 44 Spl. The first time I pulled the basepin it came all the way out and had I not caught it, it would have ended up on the ground. I have a few Blackhawks and have had several more in the past but have never seen this. Is this the way it is designed? If so, any idea why?

·
Registered
56 Posts
The ejector pin is the only thing I know of that acts as a retainer to keep the base pin from coming out completely. So unless you happen to have a very oddly shaped ejector pin I can't see how it would come out.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I believe the .44 Special has the shorter frame and a shorter cylinder base pin. Where the longer cylinder base pin of the larger .44 Mag frame is trapped by the ejector button, the shorter pin of the .44 Special isn’t. I noticed that with my wife's 50th Anniversary .357 mag Blackhawks.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,352 Posts
Correct, the shorter frames have them. My wife's flattop .357 is the same way and I'm pretty sure my single-sixes are too.

Like a colt in that respect.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.