Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1973 50 cal. custom made by gunsmith Don Anspaugh.. The rifle is inline and has a side break with large musket cap. I like to hunt with a muzzleloader and have hunted with this rifle but it is to nice to take into the woods. Trying to find out a value of the rifle. . . {mod. edit: attempts to sell require using the Trading Post forum; that takes 25 posts and two weeks}

·
Super Moderator
14,133 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Rules are to join in and have fun, and play nicely with the rest of us kids. You have to have 25 posts and two weeks on the board before posting in the trading post forum.

Gun values vary around the country, and you will do far better to get a local appraisal. We don't try to do them here because we can't hold the guns and inspect them up close. If you find a similar gun for sale on-line at one of the gun auction sites, that will give you some idea. You might also contact the maker. If he is good, he may have a backlog of orders and be able to interest another customer in yours if that customer doesn't want to wait?

Other members are free to say what they think on the matter, but that's the best advice I can offer.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
[Other members are free to say what they think on the matter]

Here's what I think. YMMV, of course.

[Question on value of a custom muzzleloader]

There's a couple of things everyone, looking for a handle on "custom" ANYTHING, might want to consider:

1) "Beauty" is in the eye of the beholder.

2) "Custom" means something made specifically for one person or one use - and wouldn't necessarily apply to another's needs and/or taste(s).

3) The "value" of anything, when it comes right down to it, it only what someone who wants "it" will pay for "it".

IMO, the best place to find the true value would be to place it in a national/worldwide (www) online auction without a reserve, with many good pics.
It will sell for what it's worth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.