Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy and inexpensive Chrony, something like the F-1. I only load for a .38, .357 mag, and a .44 mag. I see some Chronys mounted on a tripod. How would you use one at an indoor range? The shooting booth at the range I use has average lighting but not what I would consider bright. Is this going to be a problem? Since I can't set the Chrony up in front of the firing line can it be set up on the table of the shooting booth and then I would just stand towards the back of the booth? I've seen where some people have bought re-conditioned ones for $50, is this another way to go? I just want to eliminate one of the variables in what I reload. I only kill paper and steel targets. I sometimes get to shoot outdoors but only every 6-8 weeks.

· Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jack: At the indoor range I would have the muzzle a maximum of 2-3 feet from the Chrony. I thought that since I saw pictures of them on camera tripods that they had to be 8-10 feet from the gun. Even if I could set it in front of the firing line the lights on shine on the targets at your choice of 25, 50, or 75 feet only and only one distance at a time. From what you say the Chrony would not have enought light to see the bullet. Good thing we have a BBS like this to ask questions before spending our money. I guess I'll have to wait until I have an outdoor place to shoot that is closer to home then driving to my sister's which is 105 miles one way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.