Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
 I have a break down Marlin in .375 that  I made, and just acuired a Winchester Big Bore in the same caliber. My question is, can anyone recommend a good bullet mold in cast or a good bullet>? I was also wondering if anyone new of a scout scope mount that is available for the WInchester big bore that is priced within reason?  Thanks

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
T Beaudette
How are you coming on your mold search?
I am thinking about the NEI #179. This is a 235 grain GC with good size drive bands. The 1-12" twist rules out a lot of the .38-55 molds (1-20" twist) as they have thin drive bands and shallow lube grooves.
Have you slugged the throats on your rifles?

I prefer the Burris scout (forward) mount, I have one on a .30-30 Trapper. The .375's recoil may rule out this type of mount though.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,330 Posts
Slug 'em first, before you get too carried away. Not too many places you can get 0.380" bullets that these guns sometimes need but you can get them at Beartooth. Marshall is something of a .38-55/.375 fan.

How did you make the takedown Marlin? Got any pictures of it? Consider writing it up as a "Tech Note" for this site, I'm sure people would enjoy reading about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts