Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a burris fullfield II mounted on a 700 sps tactical using leupold rings and dovetail mount right on the barrel. I feel like I have to cock my head really low to get eye relief and would like to raise the scope about a half inch.

I was thinking of a picatinny rail and a new set of rings? I guess I am mostly looking for component advice. Steel parts would be preferred.

·
Registered
573 Posts
if you go to the Leupold site I think they have a chart of their ring heights. If you currently are on the lowest rings they likley have a medium, a high and an extra high that would each get you more height. That may get you there or you could add a rail between the receiver and rings too. Which ever you like best. However the more you raise your scope the more adjustment you will need to in the scope to compensate for longer shots. The lower it is to the rifle the better for long range shooting. Is this problem happening when you are shooting from the bench with your head up or some other position? You might be able to get a better sight picture by adjusting your length of pull and getting a good cheek weld too. Are you using a bipod or some other kind of rest?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Warne makes a nice picatinny rail for that gun and Burris makes the XTB bases that will work with it also. Either would be a good choice. You can pair it up with either the Burris XTB rings or a set of Warne rings and get them high enough to give you some more room for your cheek weld. You can find all of these at www.swfa.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use a shooting bag at the range. The rifle is in .223 so I don't expect to shoot it past 300 yds. I have a rather long neck and so I really need to scrunch down to get a cheek weld. Thanks for the pointers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.