Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody out there has any info about this gun/cartridge combo.About 30yrs ago a gunsmith named Bill Howe built this gun,there was even one of the outdoor/gun rags did an article at the time,i think.I know the gun exists because my brother got to shoot it,and i have one of the fired cases. The case i have is based on the .348 win.it measures 1.740" long with a .45cal. neck .410 in length,making for a very small shoulder. From what i gather from my brother Mr.Howe built this gun from the ground up. i would welcome any info, thanks!         Royce

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bill Howe was my father in law. He died in the early '80s. I have held that gun in my hand and it looked like a baby holding a regular sized Colt 45. Bill told me he built the whole gun except the trigger guard. I don't remember what it came off of. I talked to one of his daughters yesterday and she informed me the gun was in a local museum. If you like, I have a picture of it although the quality isn't very good. I called the museum and they said they don't have any record of the gun but I have a hunch someone was a tad lazy. I will be going to the museum myself to see if maybe they will locate it for me. If you contact me later, maybe that will cause me to get off my lazy butt and check into this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts