Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the rate of twist for a Win 670 in 30-06 with a 22 inch barrel? Will it handle the really heavy 30-06 bullets? thanks, Roger in Texas

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,748 Posts
Odds are, yes. I was going to post that earlier, but I can't say for sure. It would seem strange if Winchester went to the trouble to change the twist on those guns, but you never know.

The usual Model 70 should be a 1-10".

·
Registered
672 Posts
Rate of twist

I have a Remington 700 BDL DBM SS chambered in 25-06. My buddy has a Remington ADL in 25-06 as well. His gun shoots 117 grain bullets well Mine won't shoot them at all. I have to shoot 100 grain bullets. Mine shoots 100 grain bullets exceptionally well. Not sure it his does or not.

Do you think these 2 guns have different rates of twist? What is the most common in the 25-06?

Darin

·
Registered
84 Posts
1:10 is the standard and classic twist rate for 30-06.

Flash

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I'm sure they are both 1/10 in the 25-06. The real difference as i recall in the BDL and ADL is cosmetic, wood versus synthetic and things of that nature. I'd be very surprised if they had a different twist rate. From my experiences every gun will simply have 1 or 2 loads it will simply shoot better than the rest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts