Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,133 Posts
It's one of the founding members of the infamous Davis family of guns that cropped up with the GCA'68. As 'designated destruction deputy', I probably threw two dozen Raven/Jennings/Davis/Sterling 25s off the front end of a boat....after shooting at flying fish first, of course. :)

Reactions: jimboro

·
Premium Member
16,133 Posts
It's hard to mess up such a simple Browning design. Made well from steel, they command good prices. Pot metal castings not so much. Magazines are the key to reliability, but carrying one fully cocked and maybe locked is not for me and carrying one (Schmeisser) without one in the spout nearly cost me dearly in a Reno alley. I changed guns that day.

·
Premium Member
16,133 Posts
When I went to work full time in '69, we sold (or gave) individual rounds of ammo so the freshly bought gun was loaded with fresh ammo when it left the shop. At that time, handgun ammo and .22 RF had to be signed out in a hard bound book. Since we were the only Browning ammo dealer in several hundred miles, it made crime solving a little easier later as a deputy sheriff. ;)
I don't recall ever selling a full box of .25 auto or 32 S&W.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts