Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The XTP is just a jacketed hollow point bullet. No odd or exaggerated shape. Yes your RCBS die will work...

If there is no carbide ring at the mouth of the sizing die you will need to lube the cases. But I haven't seen a steel sizing die for handguns cartridges in over 20 years though (I have an old steel 38 Spec sizing die and I have no memory of where I got it or when, but I don't use it)...

·
Registered
796 Posts
Depending on how many years ago it was , RCBS at one time made die sets marked 38 special and another set marked 357 magnum .
I had a brand new (1970) 357 mag. Ruger Blackhawk and grabbed a set of RCBS 357 magnum dies to get into reloading when the gunshop owner told me to put that set back and get a set marked 38 Special . Then explained how I could reload both 38 special and 357 magnum with the 38 spcl. dies by simply adjusting them . Explained the 357 mag. dies would only reload 357 mag.
I well remember how costly carbide dies were , I had many sets of steel sizer dies and when Lee came out with affordable carbide dies , I started buying them up, just the lee carbide sizer to go with the other die sets .
Hard to imagine how little extra money we had back then...Lee came along and opened the door to casting and reloading for a lot of us who were cash strapped .
Gary

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Unscrew the seater stem and see how the XTP fits?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts