Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Inactive account
4,735 Posts
I've used a Uniflow for over 45 years with stick, ball, and flake powders. In fact, other than my Star measure which came mounted on the tool, the Uniflow is the only powder measure I have. What everyone says about the Uniflow and stick powder is true. My way around it is to throw a slightly lighter charge onto an electronic scale, then finish off the charge with a powder trickler. If I were to buy another measure, I'd like to try one of the electronic ones e.g. RCBS, Lyman, or Pact but that Uniflow just keeps on working. Just my dos centavos, YMMV.

·
Inactive account
4,735 Posts
Cutting jostles the measure and causes the powder in the hopper to settle, so the next charge thrown is usually off on the high side. . .
IME, cutting compresses the powder right in the area of the drum cavity resulting in the next charge being off "on the high side" as nick put it. With e.g. Unique, continued cutting of the flakes can result in charge variations as much as .3 gr. or more. Not very comforting when you're working near max loads.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.