Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran across this site while searching for bullets for my 44 mag that I should have in about a week. Nice to see a forum with good clean ethics.

Besdies punching holes in paper and making some steel targets go ding, I also like hunting, fishing, and Corvettes.

·
Registered
37 Posts
carroll b

if you dont lisen to god the frist time he may nock harder the next an have found the secound nock you may not like. kind of 44. likes an dies likes

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,446 Posts
Carroll,

Welcome aboard! We try to make it a pleasant place to visit.

·
Beartooth Regular
2,162 Posts
Welcome aboard Carroll! I see you're from Baltimore - I lived there many years ago. I had a dinky little apartment down on St. Paul St. pretty close to the harbor. Used to take the bus up to Memorial Stadium to watch the Orioles.

I enjoyed it when I was young, single, and playing music in the bars down at Fell's Point, but I'm glad to be out of the city these days!

Hope you enjoy your stay here. Whereabout do you hunt, and what species?

IDShooter

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IDShooter: I hunt mostly white tail deer in southern Anne Arundel Co. It's about 30 miles from home. I hunt with my son on two small private farms. This year you were allowed to take as many as you wanted. My son took 4 this year. I also turkey hunted for the first time in 25 years this spring. I missed a nice 8 point with my TC muzzloader this year. My "official" story is I shot into the air to drive him to my son's stand and he took him with one shot. It's not easy to reload a front stuffer while watching the deer try to figure out were your at.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Welcome! This is a nice forum, isn't it? One of the nicer ones with less argueing and such. Wealth of information here too.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Carroll B

Welcome. As a member of other shooting forums I too must admit this is a 'clean' forum. Others forums seem to challenge ones comments just to upset people. The moderators will keep this in check, which is good. I'm always looking for different loads for my S&W 44 as well. What have you found to be an accurate shooting bullet? Mine is accurate using the 240 grain Hornady. Winchester's silver-tip 250 weren't as accurate in my gun. I use the Hornady's deer hunting, but I'd like to find something lighter for practice. It's a fun gun to shoot. I don't know anything about reloading, but a guy reloaded 50 empties at 240 grains and I noticed they didn't kick as much as the factory 240 rounds.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AJ: I received some 240 grain SWC from Berry's Bullets while I was on my business trip to Germany this past week. I plan to load some of these with 7.5 - 8 grains of Unigue. It should make a nice reduced load to punch holes in paper. I will pick up my new Ruger Super Redhawk today and hope to shoot it this coming week. I shot my son's SRH with CCI ammo. It is a light load simular to the 44 specials. The problem is that CCI is aluminum cases and can't be reloaded.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts