Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
While neet to look at, unless they are loaded in excellent condition they dont have any value. Shotshell usually have a minamal value even if old. There are a few exceptions of course.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm fairly certain remchester is not an avid shotshell collector because I am looking at a recent auction sales list for brass shotshells and to my budget some of them are pretty pricey. But I will agree that shells dug from the ground are probably nothing of collector value, unless it is a 4 1/4" 3ga Winchester No. 3. One of these recently sold for $800 so a recovered fired case might be worth a few $s. There are a number of brass shotshells that have considerable value fired, but in otherwise good shape.

·
Registered
445 Posts
OCCONNERSON is correct that Im not much of a shotshell collector. I have collected cartridges for 45 plus years and I have found that shotshells are fairly common and dont bring much value. I only have around a hundred boxes of them and only a few bring much value. Compared to some rifle cartridges I have that are worth $60-$100 apiece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts