Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to the forum and I have recently traded for a 1941 model 94 that has a non standard rear sight on it and would like to know what the proper rear sight/elevator look like for 1941.

I also have a 1952 that is all original and if the sights for that would be the same please let me know.

The 41 is 30WCF and the 52 is 32 Win Special.

I've just recently gotten back into gun collecting/shooting and I can definitely see a few more model 94's in the collection down the road. Currently into Ruger MK series pistols, but I have a long list of other classic guns that I'm sure will drain my wallet.

Thanks for any info on the correct sights!

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,668 Posts
Good source for general parts:

www.e-gunparts.com

No idea if they would have your specific item, though. Might need a Winchester collector. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The owner that I bought it from said his grandfather had it modified by a gunsmith, and it looks way different than what I've seen on any traditional rifle from that far back. It is kind of a buck horn style but with most of the round inside part removed on each ear, and the elevation method is quite odd too. Plus it is still new and shiny while the rest of the gun isn't. It would work fine I'm sure, but I'm into restoration and don't think the original was that bad of a design.

Thanks for the link and I'll check it out!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

Your rifle probably had a 22E sight with a 32B elevator. A California Buckhorn with 26B elevator would also be correct.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Here's my 1941 dated 94'.

Sorry, I do not have a better picture as my son has the rifle in Colorado. I've got to call him today anyway so I'll ask for a good photo of the rear sight.

CD

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you're referring to the rear sight on the Winchester and not the Marlin from the photo it looks like it could be correct. If it's not it should be no trouble to find a replacement, they made quite a few.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The rifle in question is a Sporting Rifle, and it is really a 1937 according to Bert. I've seen a few lately at gun shows or shops that are identical. The sights needed are a bit shorter than most others as the ramp is almost to the receiver edge, but I have faith that I'll find one somewhere. I just have too many projects to remember to look that often.

If anyone knows of a store or gunsmith that specializes in 94's please let me know. I've seen some advertised in a magazine or 2 but haven't received any reply from them yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts