Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I was a bit dismayed when the F-22 fighter program was canceled and was wondering why the 40 years old F-15 was still to remain our front line fighter (even though most of the fighter fleet has been grounded due to airframe problems last I knew.) But then I said, maybe Gates knew of something better.

Well here's a Navy reason: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/usmilitaryaerospaceindustryrobots

It's a bomber, but it sure looking like the end of American manned fighters and bombers as a whole to me. If it's a good machine then I think it's a worthy reason. Now I wonder what the Air Force reason is.:D

·
Banned
968 Posts
> but it sure looking like the end of American manned fighters and bombers as a whole to me

The military thought machine guns/cannons were obsolete on airplanes until the superior technology all missile F-4 met the inferior MIG in real combat.

10s of millions of Chinese engineers with stolen and open source engineering aka JSF will render secure G2A communications useless probably before a war starts. History has shown any front line fighter is obsolete 2 years after being introduced to real combat with a real enemy and the technology itself has been matched or equalized within six months of any major air war.

The next world war will probably result in the Chinese taking out all or most of the satellites in orbit including the military ones. Unmanned over the horizon fighters/bombers will not be of much use then.

After the lasers and rail guns have made manned vehicles obsolete along with robotic aircraft, man's folly by way of a natural disaster such as a sun corona or a magnetic shift in the earth's poles will put it right back at a man and a bullet.

I have hacked everything from Master Locks (actually one of the easiest locks to pick) and house door locks to computers, one thing I am sure of is nothing is secure including G2A links once the motivated lock picker gets going. Though I rest much easier knowing China now has one of the fastest super computers on earth, that they would never use for lock picking.

As long as you have humans willing to sell out their country for money, like Walker as an example, then relying solely on technology to solve problems and fight wars will come back to haunt you once someone has the source code.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good thoughts. I totally agree on your six month response in weapons design thing. It's certainly true within countries that are vast and have huge amounts of natural resources. Like the USA, China, Russia, and Brazil (I bet not too many people is predicting that country to be a major player along the lines of the other three in the next few decades as I am for they have food, raw materials, fuel, and an education system.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.