Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of geting a rossi 92 an having it rebarreld to 41mag. as im not all that thrilled with the marlin is it workable or is it just a pipe dream!!help pleas!!!:eek:

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
So long as you have the means, there is no reason a modern '92 action wouldn't handle a 41 Magnum. Find a gunsmith who gives you warm fuzzies and hand him a blank check...he'll make it happen.

My thought is, if you start with a 44Mag, chambering it down to 41 would be a little regressive, perhaps?

·
Registered
237 Posts
good question, and great ambition. I have no clue. I'm not sure what kind of pressures the 41 vs 44 are designed for, but agree with broom-jm's take on it.

wouldnt be cheap, but would be pretty neat..... you might just watch gunbroker/etc for a while to see if such a thing could be bought outright.

shane

·
Registered
584 Posts
good question, and great ambition. I have no clue. I'm not sure what kind of pressures the 41 vs 44 are designed for, but agree with broom-jm's take on it.

wouldnt be cheap, but would be pretty neat..... you might just watch gunbroker/etc for a while to see if such a thing could be bought outright.

shane
Both the 44mag and 41mag have SAAMI specs of 36,000psi while the 357mag's spec is 35,000psi so I don't see an issue there. Starting with a 357mag, you'd have to trim the cartridge guides and mod the carrier for the larger dia and longer 41mag round but both of those are do-able.

However, what might not be so easy would be to mod the magazine and cartridge stop for the larger dia 41 mag round. You might be better off starting with a 44mag Rossi and then all you might have to do is shim the cartridge guides and mod the cartridge stop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts