Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends, I have a Browning 1886 Carbine, and I am wanting to know which Pachmayer Decelerator recoil pad will work for it? I have a friend who will install it for me if I can find out which style or serial number I need to get.

Kindest regards toward a great week-end,
Timberwolf

·
Banned
126 Posts
Timberwolf,

I have a Brownchester ELR that I found too short for me, so I had a 1/2" Pachmayr pad installed. It is RP200, not the decelerator. It is the same as the large decelerator D750B, but I believe the medium will work as well.

The curvature on the carbine buttplate is different than the curvature of the ELR, but this may be of interest. My gunsmith boiled the pad in water before installing it so he could bend it to match the curve of the stock. That will allow me to re-install the steel buttplate, if need be. That also eliminated the need of a thicker pad.

Hope this helps.

dclark

·
Registered
86 Posts
1886 recoil pad

I had my gunsmith stick a thick one on my 1886 Win. Xtra lite. It is made by Kick-eze and is a little over 1" thick. Sure takes the sting out of the 45-90's!!! I don't know what the model number is. Only problem I can see is that it is very soft and can be damaged fairly easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts