Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I need to replace a couple of recoil pads. One on a M70 Winchester the other on a M600 Remington. The Pachmyr Decelerator has a very good reputation, but the Kick EEZ looks very good. If anyone has experience with both I would appreciate your opinions on how they compare.

Thanks,
Fireplug

·
Registered
17 Posts
Fireplug,
I've used both so thought maybe I could help. No doubt about it the Kick-eez is the most effective fixed pad for absorbing recoil made. Drawbacks: they're kind of heavy, they don't grind too well, and they are definitly sensitive to damage in the field-kind of like a superball when cut. The Decelerator is lighter, easier to grind, and tougher in the field. Drawback:they're not quite as effective at damping recoil. My choice depends on recoil level, big kick=kick-eez(won't own a muzzlebrake) like bigger than  lightweight .375 smaller stuff=decelerator.
  Good hunting
       LIB

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,320 Posts
Decelerators on several guns without problems, many years and miles.

My father-in-law likes the Kick-EEZ for trap guns (which don't get taken in the field, obviously).

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
I've got a Kick-Eze on a Sako .375 H&H Ackley Improved that weighs just at eight pounds fully dressed.  That pad is really impressive in the performance issue, as it really tames this heavy hitting rifle!

Like it was pointed out however, they aren't as rugged as a Decelerator, nor do they grind well... you really have to pamper them during installation and fitting.

FWIW

God Bless,

Marshall Stanton

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello All,

Thank you for the information and recomendations. I am going with one of each brand the M70 is standard size and weight and will receive the Decelerator for all the reasons you mentioned, but the .350 M600 only weighs six pounds field ready and will get the Kick EEZ. They should both be real improvements the current pads have aged to be harder than the stocks they are mounted to I think. I am going to try the sporting clays version of the Kick EEZ with its' beveled edge for fast handling. The recoil pad concept started with shotguns, so there is no reason that I can not poach what may be another good idea.

Thanks,
Fireplug

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,320 Posts
Yes... another gun owner discovers that Winchester's secret ingredient for recoil pads is.... Concrete!  How can they make a pad so HARD is beyond me....

I've rounded my Decelerators also, great modification.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts