Shooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,910 Posts
I bought a slip-over one for my .300-caliber mildcat. Fits the .358-caliber kickin' machine, too. I think it's by SIMS Limbsaver. It's black, if that means anything. Adds one inch to the length-of-pull. Seems to put my eye in a better relation to the eyeball end of the scope. I have yet to try it under fire...

·
Inactive account
105 Posts
If using mainly for target or competition, might consider wearing a strap-on shoulder pad instead of adding pads to the stock. I wear a Past shoulder pad at the range and can shoot heavier recoilers nearly all day with no bruising or pain.

I do have a tendency to "grin and bear-it" for hunting.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
Having a heck of a time finding a decent pad for my 338 lapua savage 110ba. Any advice? Thank you.
Dan
Since i"m not familiar with this rifle, please post a pic and I can tell you what you can find. Typically it will be "need to fit it", but there's a lot of them available.

It's really not hard either by hand or with the available jigs. Personally I do them by hand since I've done so many.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have a limbsaver for my Remington 788 that I use at the range. Works great in warmer weather. When hunting I normally have warmer (heavier) clothes on and don't use the pad.

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
I will second the vote for the PAST RECOIL PAD! The magnum pad sells for around $40 dollars. I have 2 of those PAST PADS sewn in a vest I used in Africa hunting, when shooting my big bore's and even my .338 Win mag. I sometimes would shoot with my left shoulder too. They work like a magic wond, take away over 50% of the recoil.:)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I like good pads on my rifles. I, too, have the PAST and use it for target shooting. However, I do not like to have to depend upon something in addition to the rifle to be comfortable shooting it. Most of my rifles have been to a gun smith to have the stocks cut to fit with a custom recoil pad, usually Limbsavers. And, I have found stock fit is as at least as important as the pad. I like to shoot year around and a good pad allows me to shoot with a T-shirt as well as a heavy coat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.