Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two scenarios, so I'm asking for recommended scope in each situation. Feel free to throw in your favorite scope to use as well.

1. Indoor shooting range -- 25 yds
2. Outdoor, hunting and practice shooting

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
id just put a standard 3 by 9 on it.. my cz 452 has a simmons.. tough little scope.. its been on 30 06 an stood that guns recoil for 2 yrs .. now its just as good as it ever was on the 22..i was piddiling yesterday ..
cutting ribbons off gum trees at 35 yrds..1st shot to the middle then one to top an one to bottum ..a good rest for the gun and its in the bank..
im not familar with your gun .. but the ammo i was using was federal target, that comes in 325 boxes ,from walmart.. cheap but plenty accurate for plinking..
at out to 65 yrds ,a head shot on a squirrel, is easy as slicing bread.. good luck.. slim

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,098 Posts
4x works great for any .22. That's my usual choice, except my Marlin 39a that has a 6x42 Leupold that I stumbled across cheap, and a 4-12 AO Leupold on a CZ 452. The CZ has very, very tall rings and hey it's fun to time the shots between your heartbeats at 50 yards..... :)

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Here's my son shooting his Plinkster with a Simmons .22 Mag 4x, I've got the same scope but blued on my 10/22.

CD

·
Registered
12 Posts
Two scenarios, so I'm asking for recommended scope in each situation. Feel free to throw in your favorite scope to use as well.

1. Indoor shooting range -- 25 yds
2. Outdoor, hunting and practice shooting
Shot this at an outdoor range with a 4-9x32 bushnell. Best quality scope for less than $40. Any more scope and it will cost more than the rifle plus it is as versatile as you would want for any application.

http://s778.photobucket.com/home/SJPSA/index

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.