Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Really like lever guns and high std pistols
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a S&W 629 6.5" 44 mag for Christmas wife told me...never thought I would get one, I am very excited and can't wait to load and GO ---BUT I am not too familiar with Red dot scopes and which ones to steer away from... the recoil on FULL power house loads I am sure will be serious to say the least...the reflex type seem nice but sure look puny and fragile again I don't know about em just read and now need some GOOD advice I have used the tasco on a 44 mag marlin 94 16" w/ports but hated the ports the 4 moa dot seemed OK at 50 yds but not at 100... any opinions or experience is more than welcome...I am trying to stay under 200.00 is that too much to ask for a good one...? If this is an old tired subject sorry still very new to the forum THANKS much for your input !! much needed
Dave

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have a ADCO Alpha Red Dot on my Bisley Hunter for 2yr. No problems,but I shoot, what I describe as "hot" .44 Specials or very mild mags. It has a 1.5moa red dot(smaller is better!)(???), found it in midwayusa.com and cost a tad over 100$. Good luck with your new purchase!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Go with a quality reflex sight and you'll thank me in the long run. If you go with a tube the added weight and bulk will really turn you off to the whole handgun hunting experience. (assuming you're getting this for handgun hunting).

For a 200.00 budget I'd go with a Burris Fastfire II. There are better sights for more $$$ of course but you can't go wrong with the Fastfire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.