Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
USPS just delivered my Redding Profile Crimp die.  The directions say to apply case lube every three to four cases...is this necessary???  Is this necessary with all crimp only type dies?  If the Lee factory crimp die does not need lube, I'll return this sucker for the Lee.  I'd like to avoid lube if at all possible.  Bummer.

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh man.....

I suppose the smart and practical thing to do is to test both ways.  Suppose a certain someone wanted to try "with lube" but did not have case lube on hand; what might that someone use in place of said case lube?

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Bill - I knew there was a positive to having allergies!  And Contender, I thought you told me the stuff between the left toes was better suited for bullet lube?
:confused:

Just how much crimp is enough crimp?  For those who use this die, how far do you have the die backed off from the shell plate when the ram arm is fully extended?

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the heads-up Contender.  It's just like me to miss out on my own promotion!  The title is a misnomer actually - I have exactly one load to my credit as of late last night: .45-255g SWC/7.7 gr W231/WLPP/R P Brass.  As soon as I figure out a good crimp, I'll load up a bunch with 17.5 gr. Herc. 2400 up to 18.5 grs. with the same boolit.  I feel like I'm in Vegas  :biggrin:

Alan - clean left foot - Ransom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts