Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have posted this by mistake in another section ,but have any of you fellas ever used or owned a seven station redding turret press .I am thinking about upgrading to one but always like some input before divin into a new venture. thanks stan

·
Registered
926 Posts
I have a Texan turret, seven station, all cast iron very solid. The redding is built the same way all cast iron no alloy to bend or fracture when least expected. I use it mainly as a seating press because the resizing operations are taken care of by other single stage presses. I use it as it is, not a stand in for a true progerssive loading machine.

With Reddings construction and quality it should serve you very well. I think there are extra die plates avaiable for it to increase capicacity.

As far as warranty, I think it's like Dillons, if it should break they fix it. No time limit. You would have to check with them on it. I think it's a great addition to any loading bench.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Been using one for three years with only complaint is don't get your fingers in the wrong place. Hurts like He!!. Well built press with several features that adds to its versitility and ease of operation. Spent primer tube is a winner -- let it fill then take off to dump. The turret can be removed and another put on so you can have multiple die sets set up and adjusted. Although I have an extra turret plate never have needed to use it yet. Usually set up one die either for decapping or belling the mouth for cast bullets. This leaves the other six spots for three rifle/two pistol die sets. Seems very well made and the linkage produces enough leverage for all the rounds I normally form or reload.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turret press

I am sold very interested in the additional plate should allow me to set up for all my rifles and pistols. I have always hated having to switch die after die in order to complete my rounds a simply turn of the turret and Im golden. thanks guys. stan

·
Registered
263 Posts
I got a Redding turret a couple years ago. I HIGHLY recommend the press. Place your dies in the press and load away. Watch the turret... I rotated the turret too fast one day and caught the de-caping pin on the ram before I lowered it enough and bent the pin just enough to not be able to use it. Make sure you lower the ram before rotating the press.

The press is a tank, machined well and easy to use. I got the primer loader and bought an extra handle so I won't have to change primer heads on just one handle. Great press.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts