Shooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well instead of getting a rum i bought a 700 sps varmint in 22-250. going to use it for neck shots on deer . i managed to get a redfield revolution on sale at amazon for 195$. its a 4-12x40 accurange
it is very bright my camera is only 8 mp so it didnt really pick up the picture to good but yall get the idea. i didnt think i could love a scope as much as a rifle :D. next is a bobby hart crimson stock

650 yard irrigation on 12x it actually appears closer in person

here's a 100 yard picture of 1 of our plantation horses

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

oh yeah it has 4-5" eye relief . and according to the manual it will work at least on a 30-378 wby recoil lever. and probably more thats just what they tested the ranger finding recticle with .and the rums and winmags etc

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
That is a great choice of scope for a varmint cartridge like the 22-250. When you get it mounted and start shooting some groups, you should post pics of those, too.

·
Banned
604 Posts
I had an original Redfield 4-12X, back in the late 70's. Had it mounted on my first Ruger 10/22. You could watch the squirrel's eye blink when the bullet hit. Both were stolen a year or so after I got them. This was waaaaaaaaaaaay back when they were still made in Denver.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
I had an original Redfield 4-12X, back in the late 70's. Had it mounted on my first Ruger 10/22. You could watch the squirrel's eye blink when the bullet hit. Both were stolen a year or so after I got them. This was waaaaaaaaaaaay back when they were still made in Denver.
I sent an old 3-9 Redfield Low-Pro Wide Field which is some 25 years old in for repair & cleaning. GREAT SCOPE MADE IN DENVER, USA!!! I currently have a 4-12X40 mm Leupold VX-1 on the rifle I had the Redfield on. Also a GREAT Scope!!;)

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,192 Posts
Yep - have one of those buggers that I mounted on a Ruger M77 7RM when buying the rifle in the very early 70's also, Monty. Its been everywhere, used to shoot all kinds of critters and still working flawlessly.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
I couldn't agree more, I bought the same one new in 1974?.. It's been mounted on a dozen differnt rifles and has served me very well. Hope Leupold does that proud name justice.
Hope so too! I also had three 3-9 Redfields with their Acura-Trac, one a 4-12 power, I used in Colorado several years.:)

·
Registered
11,949 Posts
Xman you got a bad clam! You are the first I've heard anyone complain of Leupold's customer service. (they own Redfield now)

Over the years I've sent stuff in for warranty and repair and they have always been top flite. No issues even when I was at fault.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,192 Posts
X Man -

You posted a thread of your own on your problems with Redfield. There is no need to go around posting the same complaint on the threads by others. Sorry to hear you didn't get the results you felt was warranted.

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
I am looking for information, and I commented on an identical scope. That is the purpose of forums, to post comments good and bad.
And you have posted your negative comments. So noted. A single voice, no matter how loud, is not going to drown out the overwhelming majority of people who have been very happy with the Leupold/Redfield products. Sometimes "bad customer service" is more a product of customers that refuse to be satisfied, than a failing of the consumer good or the company trying to stand behind it. Repeatedly complaining about the same thing is often a sign of that.

The OP has not posted any of his groups yet, but maybe he'll chime in with whether or not his particular unit has given him any problems.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
38,080 Posts
One report is that, a report. We are glad to get reports of all types.

A duplicate report is a rant.

The third time is a vendetta, or OCD.

Keep the info (including followup) in one thread and it will be useful to the members. Spamming the same stuff all over the forum just makes you look like a crybaby. I'm sorry to be harsh but that's the way it is.

·
Banned
24 Posts
Yall must have run out of things to post, haha. I was willing to let this die out, but yall have decided to pile on, and everyone take a swing. Kinda like a bunch of chickens in a chicken yard. I figure I will be banned now, and that is that, oh well, I an an Admin on 2 Hunting forums, and I would not have allowed this kind of stuff to happen to someone, what you have done to me. I even went on the other thread, that no one had posted on, and deleted it, trying to get along, but that was not good enough for you. You resorted to name calling and making comments about my character, and you don't even have a clue about me or my background. You could not know that I spent 8 years teaching firearm safety and marksmanship to the youth in my county, and that I have taken some of these same youth on hunts, or that I have competed in shooting sports since 1967, or that I am a life member in the NRA and the TSRA, and help people locally with their firearms issues and reloading, Geez, What a nice bunch of guys. OK, yall take all the shots you want. I think you totally overreacted to 3 posts, and owe me an apology. But, maybe you will continue with the gang mentality and gang up on me some more and continue to make assumptions and call me names. Sorry for calling it as it is, but it is what it is.

ps, I deleted my posts on this thread and the other one, but left my original thread. Hope this makes you happy, and you can sleep good tonight. :)

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
I don't say this to "pile on" and I sincerely hope the OP comes back to give us an update on his Redfield 4-12X, but I would be remiss if I didn't point something out.

If you're an Admin on 2 other hunting forums, I'm sure you've voiced your frustration there, which would suggest that you joined Shooters Forum primarily to complain about a product that you are not happy with. To many, including a forum Admin, this is a clear vendetta and the posts you deleted definitely qualify as a "rant", so can you see where the concern is, here? It's not that we're out to get you, but this is not a consumer advocacy forum where complaining about stuff is all we do...this is a "Shooters Forum", where we absolutely want to hear about a product that did not perform well! We just don't want it to be the main topic of discussion.

I'm sure we all slept well last night and hopefully we can just move forward in your thread, as well as this one. Whaddaya say? Bury the hatchet and have fun talking guns? :)

·
Banned
24 Posts
Again, I must point out, that you do not read my posts. I am an Admin on 2 HUNTING FORUMS, not shooting forums. I was asked to be an admin on them, and I did not design them. We do not have dedicated firearms forums on these sites, but concnetrate on the techniques. We do talk about firearms, but it is not concentrated on this aspect. So, I came to a forum where there is a concentration on this aspect. Nothing complicated about that, and no, I did not post on those forums. I really did not come here to gripe, and even posted the question asking if anyone else had had this issue with this particular scope. You fellas need to read the post more closely, and quit making assumptions.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.