Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a flea market, I came across a person that had a briefcase full or Redfield Recievr sights, in their original boxes, some steel, some aluminum - has anyone had any luck with these on Marlins or Winchesters? I see folks talking about Williams and Ashley, but not Redfield.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Mike: I consider the Redfield micrometer sights to be excellent products. If the price was right I would buy every one I could use or think I might use in the future. I like the Williams fool proof just fine but don't like the inconvenience of having to loosen lock screws for every adjustment. Some of the Lymans and Redfields had push button slide releases which allowed either total removal of the slide or very rapid adjustment on the vertical scale to predetermined reference points. Models with either target knobs or coin slot knobs are both desirable IMO.
best

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... thanks for the info - what I was seeing was $85 and less. He only had one that was for a flat side rifle, and it was new, and had micrometer settings, but I was not sure what the spacing for the mouting holes was. I will find him again, he is at an "every weekend" BIG flea market - more good stuff than not, and I know my wife will drag me there, so I will see what he has.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of an 1895. I have not bought it yet, still drooling, I was not going to get it, I was going to start out small and work my way up. Anyway, I went and looked at it again yesterday, and noticed that there are only top holes for scope mounting. None on the sides, so I don't know if the "treasure" I found has any like that in his briefcase. I do want a peep though, that is all there was on the M16's, and I can really appreciate how well objects sharpen up at distance. I have 20/15 vision, but slight astigmatism, so even though I can see it, its not as sharp as I would like, and at 41, I am not wearing glasses that I drip sweat into and have to remove or look under to write something down.

You seem to have all kinds of cataloges! Collected over time?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts