Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved my new redfield 3-9x40 scope today. Optics Planet has them for 149.99 shipped and they take an additional 10$ off for a sale they have going on, so 139.99 to my door is not too shabby. Overall I am very happy with it so far. It's clarity to my eye is on par with the Leupold VX-I's that I own. The power ring moves with just the right amount of resistance and the elevation and windage adjustments are clickers unlike the leupold vxI which is just friction ( not that the frictions cause me any trouble). I really like the eye relief, it seems like you can be anywhere from 3-5 inches from the scope and still get a full picture, which is nice if you have it on a heavy kicker. For me it is by far the best scope I have seen in that price range. In my opinion it is easily on par with the VX-I. I'm not saying it's the best scope ever made but it seems to be alot of scope for 150$. I'll let you guys know how it does at the range, I mounted it on a rem 700 in 270 win and am eager to give it a try. If it continues to do well I'm gonna by another to put on my rem 700 in 300 win mag that's in need of a decent scope. :)

·
Registered
720 Posts
I had heard that they are good scopes. Have a few old redfields from back in the day, and I am happy with the Golden 5 Star, but not really happy with the tracker series.

My Dad has one of the new Redfields on the way, and am awaiting to here what he thinks about it.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Where are they made?

·
Registered
601 Posts
They are made in the leupold plant in Oregon! I bought the exact same scope from same place though I didn't get the $10 off deal...no shipping costs though. So far I agree. It's a good looking scope which appears clear. I'll be putting it on my Rem 700 .35 whelen.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I went to the range last night and fired about 20rds through my 270. The redfield zeroed easily and was plenty clear to me. I don't think the high end scope guys would be happy with it but for the money I haven't looked through one that was better. As long as it proves to be durable I will be very happy. In fact, I have another one on the way for my 300 win.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts