Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears the cylinder on my Rehawk is held in place by a series of pins & springs rather than screws. Does anyone have a proper sequence, or secret, for cylinder removal? Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi Kwiq,

I was sure hoping someone would respond, I have a RedHawk on the way as well.

Terry

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,230 Posts
Guys,

Try posting this over on www.sixguns.com, "The Campfire" and I'll be someone can help you.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ok KK, from another forum ( www.handloads.com )

Quote:

Ok, several steps to taking that baby apart, but it's not to difficult.
To get the cylinder/crane off the frame:
1) remove the grips - there should be a pin, kind of like a small blunt nail inside.
2) Cock the hammer, insert the pin in the hole in the mainspring guide rod
3) Ease the hammer down and pull out the hammer pivot to the right
4) Lift the hammer out to the top, the hammer link is kind of hook shaped, you may have to fiddle with it to get it to come out.
5) Push out the mainspring lever pivot pin
6) Lift the mainspring lever and mainspring out. It's under tension being held in place by the pin from steps 2 and 3.
7) Pull the trigger assembly latch rearward - it's inside the grip frame, directly behind the trigger
8) Pull the trigger to the rear and remove the trigger guard assembly downward.
9) Open the cylinder, slide it off the front of the frame.

To get the cylinder off the crane:
1) Insert a slim tool in the hole in the top of the crane to depress the lock plunger and push out the front latch pivot toward the left
2) Remove the front latch downward and toward the front
3) Remove the ejector rod toward the front
4) Remove the crane toward the front

That's it, the book says that further disassembly of the cylinder requires a special two point wrench with a hollow center and that any attempt to disassemble the system without this factory tool is likely to damage the parts.

Seems like a lot of steps, but it makes sense when you have the gun in front of you on the table and can see what each step means.

Good luck!

end quote

I will be shooting mine Saturday and then taking it apart for cleaning

1 - 5 of 5 Posts