Shooters Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i have two.

1. ruger stainless steel with a rosewood and rubber grip in a 7.5" barrel, chambered in a 44 mag. it was accurate as all get out. it would go 3/4 - 1 1/2" off a bench at 100 yards. there was no mono, bi or tripods at the time (going on 25-30 years ago). i made a monopod out of a rake handle. the deer i shot.........geez!!!! i remember one time i shot a doe at around 120 yards+/-. it was a 200gr hornady xtp with a overcharged win296. (i no longer(shudder) do that dumb stuff) it was behind the shoulder, thru the lungs and it went straight out taking two ribs with it. she died right there. well, anyway, two or three years later, i was going thru a divorce and i needed money so i sold her along with other guns.

2. savage m340 in 222 rem with a 6x scope. i bought it used and i shot it till the barrel ran out (7 or 8000 shots, 50gr hornady sp with h322?). i cried when my gunsmith (a good friend) told me it was fried. groundhogs, however, rejoiced!!!! i should have done the rebarreling (as my gunsmith told me), but noooooooooo, i sold it. there is also a new remington that is a 223 that i'm looking at (piece of scrap i ever bought).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Regret selling 2 rifles my Marlin 336C 30-30 and Mod 1917 Enfield 30-06. At the time was living in Florida and really no place to use it except for the range, now living in N. Georgia with some property and good hunting. Well can't cry over spilled milk. Never be able to replace them for what I paid for them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have quite a few I have sold that I wish I didn't, but there are four that stick out the most: a Winchester Model 70 Mannlicher, a Colt Sauer rifle, a Remington 541S, and a Browning Medalist pistol. All of those are just way too much to replace now!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts