Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if any of you fellows have ever had the chance to use a gun with a release trigger? It seems to me to be a good idea, but then, I do not have any hands on experience with one?

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,196 Posts
Only release triggers I know of are on clay bird competition shotguns. Don't think it would be a very good idea on a handgun or hunting rifle.

·
Banned
604 Posts
When I was in the NAVY we made port in Naples. The Beretta people came aboard to take orders. I tried several of the shotguns they brought aboard and they had one with a release trigger. Darndest thing I've ever seen. Wow! You think Dick Cheney had problems? He'd of been a mass murderer with one of those. I ordered a Silver Snipe o/u 12ga with 22" barrels bored imp/imp. Best little grouse gun I've ever owned. Finally decided I'd better stick with what I knew and passed on the release trigger. Kdub is right. Best left on the trap fields. I'm afraid there would have been a lot of "Oops, sorry" if I'd of had it in the grouse woods.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had a Beretta shotty I used for a little over half the trap season with a release trigger. I gave the release trigger a fair run, but it was not for me. A few people at the range loved them, but I will not go that route again. I loved that shotty in terms of fit and finish. This was about 15 years ago; I just cant see one on a rifle.

·
Banned
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There was a fellow who used to do gun shows around here, years back. He had a Mossberg (rifle), I think it was...It was a fancy looking gun, anyway. He never let me play with it (I was a young-un then), but he let my dad play with it a bit...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.