Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked up 1894 in 30 wcf with 26" octagonal and full mag.  bore looks like wire on a wooden ice cream churn bucket and headspace a little long.  been cold blued with oxpho long ago--not a lot of rubbing went on-all edges sharp-needs to be relined and barrel set back a thread and mag cut back to match.  redman's turned me down due to being backed up and didn't want to fool with setting back.  anybody have an id on a reputable person that could handle job around atlanta,ga?  in usa??

· Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mr gates
    i appreciated your reply but, the arm is in excellent++ outside shape.  apparently someone used the shoeshine rag method with brownell's excellent oxpho cold blue.  there was no to little rubbing went on  and if much they used 4
0 steel wool.  this rifle could well be a candidate for a date with d. turnbull.  i'm hunting a shop with the known ability to do a quality re-line job.  mr redman turned me down due to the time required for headspacing and his being backed up(this speaks to his ability , having that much business and his integrity in turning down more).  i live close to atlantabut ,ups goes to the 48.  can you suggest a capable smith?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.